Avila and Associates provided construction project environmental compliance monitoring and support services for the construction of the SFPUC’s Water Supply Improvements Projects in the Sunol Region. Specifically, we:
- Reviewed and compiled environmental compliance monitoring and biological opinion requirements prior to on-site mobilization by construction field crews (including initial study requirements).
- Ensured that all contractor and construction management personnel have been trained on environmental sensitivity principles and approaches prior to the start of construction.
- Supervised the installation of exclusion fencing to keep California red-legged frog and California tiger salamander out of the project site and inspect condition of fencing on a regular basis.
- Conducted pre-construction surveys of sensitive habitat and wetland areas prior to contractor mobilization and operations.
- Monitored contractor crews and operations in sensitive habitat areas, coordinated with SFPUC and other construction management staff to assure adequate resources for daily field operations, and documented and reported daily progress.
- Responded to changes in field conditions or biologically sensitive areas or species as they arose.